Guide to sterling silver
SEA Jewellery's sterling silver is 925 quality. This means it consists of 92.5% pure silver (the other 7.5% is an alloy, usually copper, to help prevent tarnishing).
This is very different from silver plating where a layer of silver is placed over another metal and can be scraped or tarnished easily.
Most of SEA Jewellery's sterling silver pieces are stamped "925" or "SS" to indicate purity however these marks do not appear on all of our pieces. If these marks are not present, it doesn't mean that an item is not sterling silver. Our customers can rest assured that we have verified the quality of the silver.